Users who trust BBM’s security didn’t give a second thought about downloading it. But like most instant messaging apps, BBM don’t allow users to run Dual BBM on a single device. This might be due several terms and protocols, but the majority of users wanted to run multiple BBM accounts on one phone.
Blackberry messenger, also called BBM, is an internet-based instant messaging and video telephony application available by default on blackberry devices. This communication was only possible between blackberry devices until late 2013. Thereafter, BBM got massively popular after being available for iOS and Android devices later. Due to the great reputation of BBM upon privacy protection, BBM is becoming one of the best choices of instant messaging apart from WhatsApp. As of November 2014, BlackBerry reported more than 100 million active users and in 2015, there were 190 million active monthly users worldwide.
BBM Tips for Android Users
1. PIN – With the new user registration happens with the mobile number, even after that each user is assigned a unique PIN completely different to recognize various users. This is to prevent other from spamming you by knowing your phone number.
2. Status – Your statuses can include emoticons and you can change your status whenever you want.
3. Adding Contacts – Contacts can only be added with the availability of PIN of another user, or you can scan the barcode of another user to be able to add them.
4. Notifications – you can easily manage your notifications through settings and can even set a different text tone for different contacts altogether.
5. Create or join Groups – Group can be made easily and could consist up to 250 members. Joining an existing group is also as easy as scanning a group barcode.
6. BBM connected icon – This icon shows up in the notification bar of the smartphone and uses free memory to function. It can be turned off which will stop sending and reception of messages till you turn it on again.
How to run Dual BBM Account
It is not possible to crack newly developed and added apps but they become vulnerable with time. Meanwhile, developers started testing and finding out flaws to make dual accounts work. Here are the steps to follow:-
- Make sure you have an android smartphone running version 4.1 or later
- Install the official BBM app from your smartphone. Dual BBM app works hand in hand with the official BBM app.
- Now download the dual BBM for android from the Google Play Store Here.
- After installing both the apps, open Dual BBM app and sign in with your secondary account.
- After setting-up, you’ll be able to run 2 BBM accounts on your phone. Both the apps would provide different message notifications. You can easily switch between the 2 accounts.
Note: Dual BBM app needs all the permissions to function normally. Don’t forget to add the app to white-list to continue receiving notifications well.